To stay united and updated about this process of getting to One Mission Society, what's happening throughout this support-raising journey, and where I am in the meantime!




Wednesday, October 13, 2010

On Our Way...


We had a great first day of travel and are now in the Ft. Lauderdale airport waiting for the flight to Haiti.  Everyone has been great, and it already feels like we're a team.  Thankful for that!  I'm the only one on the team not from Community Church of Columbus, but it turns out most of these people didn't know each other before this trip either.  It's been great to travel with them.

Our leader, Storly, is Haitian but now lives in the U.S.  I talked with him a lot waiting for our flight in Indy.  It was awesome to hear from him about Haiti's history and how that impacts the culture there today.  I have so much to learn and am really thankful to be going.

We didn't get much sleep last night, but the accommodations were great for the few hours we were there.
It was my turn to lead devotional time this morning... we talked about Isaiah 51 and Jeremiah 31 and God as our Restorer.

We'll be in Cap Haitien in a few hours, and I still don't know how I'm getting to Port au Prince, but I'm okay with that.  Hopefully, it will work out.  I'm ready to jump on a truck or plane as soon as we get there if needed or I might be going another day.  Hope to have the internet access and time to keep you posted once we get there!

Beka


No comments:

Post a Comment