To stay united and updated about this process of getting to One Mission Society, what's happening throughout this support-raising journey, and where I am in the meantime!




Monday, May 24, 2010

A Place Prepared for Me


So excited to share with you about my visit to One Mission Society headquarters!  Thursday I was able to pick out my apartment in Greenwood- Praise the Lord!!!  I'm so thankful to get to this point, and it's awesome to know where my home will be :)  I picked out an apartment across the hall from one of my co-workers.  It will be such a blessing to live near her.  I'm planning on moving in a month. 

One Mission headquarters has been going through a huge renovation this year, updating the headquarters building and getting things up to code.  While some parts of the building are still covered with drywall dust or stripped to studs and bare cement floors, the new communications department is almost finished!  The communications staff has moved into the new offices and the video room and studio is almost complete.  The director of communications had me pick my cubicle and showed me they already have a mailbox with my name on it...it's the little things :)

It has been such a joy to be a part of this staff/community and I have not even moved yet!  The staff has been so welcoming and kind.  Their thoughtfulness in preparing for me, anticipating my move, and encouraging me along the way, has made me feel so loved.  What a gift to be a part of a team like this!

It was such a blessing to have lunch with Susan Loobie, the director of communications, and Lori McFall, the associate editor of Outreach magazine, and their kids.  We had the chance to talk about different types of trips I might take once I'm working, and it was great just to hear them talk about the ins and outs of the communications department, how the need for financial support plays into our roles, and where God might take this ministry in the future.  There is so much I can learn from them.

I can't wait to get started!  Your prayers and support are making this possible- Thank you so much!

Beka


My apartment building!

Part of the communications department...
Can you tell we're still moving in?



Encouraging as I'm working towards moving.  It's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment